I had a bad case of the Flu
and I thought I was going to die! Incredibly the Defence
pills had me feeling better within 2 hrs of consumption and completely cured by the following day.
DEFENCE - Your Natural Flu Remedy
Defence is the first 100% natural general-purpose flu remedy that attacks the virus and boosts the immune system, with no known side effects. Now you can easily prevent flu and support your bodies natural defences during acute symptoms. The fine of herbal extracts in Defence, will not only boost your immune system, but will also neutralize various viruses. Studies show the ingredients in Defence act a powerful immune booster.
Just look what is in Defence
Well known as a broad-spectrum immune system stimulant Echinacea purpurea is most used to protect against, and to treat, influenza, common colds, and sore throat. It is also a natural antibiotic, used to treat infections, to combat low resistance to sickness and to enhance the immune system. Echinacea has also used in the treatment of chronic recurring vaginal yeast infections. Echinacea purpurea, called "King of the blood purifiers" in some herbal manuscripts, has been traditionally used to help boils, acne and difficult skin conditions.
- Wikipedia: Medicinal effects of genus Echinacea
- Study: Echinacea Cuts Colds by Half
- Paul Bergner, The healing power of echinacea, goldenseal, and other immune system herbs (Google Books)
- Berman S, See DM, See JR, Justis JC, Tilles JG, Ma CB. Dramatic increase in immune mediated HIV killing activity induced by Echinacea angustifolia. International Conference on AIDS.
“Echinacea angustifolia at the dosage used in this study, induced a dramatic improvement in immune system function, as measured by a marked augmentation of NK mediated lysis of HIV-transfected cells. These effects were seen in 11/12 patients, even in those who were most immunosuppressed. This response may be an indication that in patients with HIV infection immune system reconstitution is possible and could be achieved utilizing this nontoxic, inexpensive agent.”
- Miller LG. Herbal medicinals. Arch Intern Med. 1998;158:2200-2211.
- DerMarderosian A, ed. Echinacea. Facts and Comparisons: The Review of Natural Products. St Louis, Mo: Wolters Kluwer Company; 2000.
- Diane F Birt, Mark P Widrlechner, Carlie A LaLone, Lankun Wu, Jaehoon Bae, Avery KS Solco, George A Kraus, Patricia A Murphy, Eve S Wurtele, Qiang Leng, Steven C Hebert, Wendy J Maury and Jason P Price. Echinacea in infection.
“Analysis of polar fractions of E. purpurea extracts showed the presence of antiviral activity, with evidence suggesting that polyphenolic compounds other than the known HIV inhibitor, cichoric acid, may be involved.”
These herbal compounds will bind with viruses neutralizing the activity of the hemagglutinin spikes before they can penetrate the walls of cells, thereby inhibiting their ability to spread. Also, another compound in Elderberry, called anthocyanins, have an anti-inflammatory effect that will minimize aches, pains, and fever. While the flavonoids stimulate the immune system.
- Wikipedia: Sambucus - Medicinal use
- Zakay-Rones, Zichria; Noemi Varsano, Moshe Zlotnik, Orly Manor, Liora Regev, Miriam Schlesinger, Madeleine Mumcuoglu (1995). "Inhibition of Several Strains of Influenza Virus in Vitro and Reduction of Symptoms by an Elderberry Extract (Sambucus nigra L.) during an Outbreak of Influenza B Panama" (PDF). J Altern Complement Med 1 (4): 361-9. PMID 9395631. Retrieved September 8, 2009.
- Z Zakay-Rones, E Thom, T Wollan and J Wadstein. "Randomized Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Elderberry Extract in the Treatment of Influenza A and B Virus Infections", Journal of International Medical Research (pdf)
- Elderberry, elderflower, and why they matter
- Elder bush info and recipes from the BBC “Guide to Life, the Universe, and Everything”
- Mrs. M. Grieve, A Modern Herbal (first published in 1931)
- Germplasm Resources Information Network: Sambucus
- National Institute of Health - Medline page on Sambucus nigra L.
- Teresa Koby. Elderberry flavonoids bind to and prevent H1N1 infection in vitro. Herb News, Herb Research Foundation. August 28, 2009.
- Nicky Blackburn, Study shows Israeli elderberry extract effective against avian flu. Israeli21c: Innovative News Service. January 29, 2006.
- Paul Fassa, Elderberry Trumps Tamiflu for Flu Remedy. Natural News.com, May 30, 2009
- Kondapi AK, Hafiz MA, Sivaram T. Anti-HIV activity of a glycoprotein from first trimester placental tissue. Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, India.
Zinc oxide is a chemical compound with the formula ZnO. Zinc is an important element that is required for a number of immune functions, including T-lymphocyte activity, antioxidant activity and putative antiviral activity.
This is one of the most common substances to fight flu symptoms. Vitamin C has been proven to boost the bacteria-killing ability of certain immune cells called macrophages and neutrophils. It is also believed that vitamin C stimulates production of interferon, an important chemical in the immune system, and that it improves the thymus gland's ability to make infection-fighting lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell.